Returning Subscriber - Frame Question

Subject: Returning Subscriber - Frame Question
From: "Sam Beard" <sam -dot- beard -at- ctes -dot- com>
To: <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 29 Sep 2006 08:49:16 -0700

Hello All,

I'm a returning subscriber, having been out of tech writing for some
time and returning to the field with a new job. I have a question
concerning Frame and colors. I'm taking over from a previous tech writer
here at my company. This person didn't really know how to use Frame
properly and, therefore, there are a lot of things that were done in
whatever way she managed to get it to work. As such, there are no
templates made for the documentation and some documentation went out
looking quite a bit different from other documentation.

I'm in the process of creating a template, based on one of the latest
documents produced. I've opened up one of the files, starting modifying
it as necessary to create the template, and I've applied it to a new
document I've been working on. Things have gone fairly well, except I'm
getting an error about colors not being right in all of the files in the
book. The error states that print settings for color Black, White, Cyan,
Magenta, and Yellow is inconsistent for the three chapters that make up
the book. Apparently, two of them ARE NOT inconsistent. Any ideas on
what's going on and how to fix it would be much appreciated!

Thanks much in advance!

Sam Beard

Technical Communications - Special Projects

CTES - LP

936 521-2241