Problematic Oracle Help Map File (RoboHelp)

Subject: Problematic Oracle Help Map File (RoboHelp)
From: beverly_robinson -at- datacard -dot- com
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com, HATT -at- yahoogroups -dot- com
Date: Tue, 3 Oct 2006 15:35:43 -0500

Cross-posted to HATT and Techwr-l

I inherited a RoboHelp X5 project to create context-sensitive Oracle Help
for Java. One of the things I did while I was waiting for new features to
document was simplify the folder structure inside the project. That may
have been my mistake.

The header file I imported into the project contains this line:
#define Production_Station 23

The Edit Map IDs dialog has the following:
Topic ID Map # Topic
Production_Station 23 About Production

The file name for the "About Production" topic is
About_the_Production_Station.htm.

When I compile the project, the <project>_help_map.xml file inside the
<project>.jar file contains this line:
<mapID
target="Production\Production_Station\About_the_Production_Station.htm"
url="production/about_the_production_station.htm" />

I was expecting:
<mapID target="Production_Station"
url="production/about_the_production_station.htm" />

Note: Production\Production_Station\About_the_Production_Station.htm was
the file path before I simplified the folder structure and
production/about_the_production_station.htm is the current file path.

A search of Techwr-l archives turned up nothing; a search of HATT archives
turned up a similar query in January 2004 but no replies.

I tried deleting the <project>.xpj and <project>.cpd files, then using the
<project>.hhp file to recreate them, but that resulted in the same
incorrect line in the <project>_help_map.xml file.

I tried hand-editing the <project>_help_map.xml file and reinserting it in
the <project>.jar file but I will not know until tomorrow morning--at the
earliest--if that worked because the developer I am working with on this is
half a world away from me. Even if it does work, I do not want to have to
remember to make those last-minute changes; I want compilation to be as
automatic as possible.

Anyone have any ideas about how I can correct this problem? Thanks in
advance,

Beverly Robinson
Sr. Technical Writer

Sorry about the long disclaimer that follows; it is added by our mail
server and I have no control over it. Also, my company wants me to make it
clear that the preceding opinions are mine, not Datacard Group's.

NOTICE ? This message and any attachment(s) are for authorized use by the intended recipient(s) only and may contain privileged or confidential information. Unless you are an intended recipient, you may not use, copy, retain, or disclose to anyone any information contained in this message and any attachment(s). If you are not an intended recipient of this message, please immediately contact the sender and delete this message and any attachment(s).