Re: Hardware Requirements for a New Job

Subject: Re: Hardware Requirements for a New Job
From: John Posada <jposada01 -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: Al Geist <al -dot- geist -at- geistassociates -dot- com>, TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 6 Oct 2006 09:10:32 -0700 (PDT)

> John has a good point...go to the Dell, Gateway and Apple
> websites (and any other you might think of) and make some
> comparisons.

You don't even have to buy the specific brand from where you get the
specs. You are looking for a list of current modern specifications
that you can then submit to your IT organization. It may be that your
company has standardized on Dell, maybe HP, maybe Compaq (HP), maybe
Gateway, but they all have somewhat comparable setups.

You don't want to make your IT go off on their own bcause you stated
you must have Dell (or any specific brand)...they'll throw away what
you submitted and give you what they want. OTOH, if you describe the
machine by it's specs and speeds, they have the ability to fit you in
their purchase guidelines and still give you what you want
performance-wise.

John Posada
Senior Technical Writer

"I think the problem, to be quite honest with you, is that you've never actually known what the question is."