RE: User Guide or User's Guide?

Subject: RE: User Guide or User's Guide?
From: "Melissa Nelson" <melmis36 -at- hotmail -dot- com>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
Date: Thu, 12 Oct 2006 14:59:11 -0400

The Guide/Manual issue comes up here all the time. We call our User
Guides "Guides" most of the time but we have one customer who insists
on calling them User Manuals...they are military and I have gotten
more than one PCR for calling it a Guide...

Melissa

From: "egalite" <egalite -at- westnet -dot- com -dot- au>
To: <peter -at- galley -dot- ie>,<techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 12 Oct 2006 23:10:34 +0800
>Gaaaaahhh!!!!!
>
>Well, I guess generally only one user would be reading it at a
time, hence
>single "user".
>
>On another note, what about Guide vs Manual?
>
>Trish :)
>

>: From: peter -at- galley -dot- ie [mailto:peter -at- galley -dot- ie]
>:
>: Why not Users' Guide?
>:
>: Peter
>:
>:
>: ============================================

Help
>format plus PDF, HTML and more. Flexible, precise, and efficient
content
>delivery. Try it today! http://www.webworks.com/techwr-l
>
>Easily create HTML or Microsoft Word content and convert to any
popular Help file format or printed documentation. Learn more at
http://www.DocToHelp.com/TechwrlList

>---
>You are currently subscribed to TECHWR-L as melmis36 -at- hotmail -dot- com -dot- >
>or visit
http://lists.techwr-l.com/mailman/options/techwr-l/melmis36%40hotma
il.com