Re: TECHWR-L Digest, Vol 12, Issue 15

Subject: Re: TECHWR-L Digest, Vol 12, Issue 15
From: "Ashok Mathur" <acmathura26 -at- gmail -dot- com>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
Date: Sun, 15 Oct 2006 20:55:36 +0530

To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
Date: Fri, 13 Oct 2006 15:01:47 -0400
Subject: RE: Starting a personal website
---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: eric -dot- dunn -at- ca -dot- transport -dot- bombardier -dot- com
Eric Dunn asked
"What does anyone have to say about Nvu?

I just installed it on a portable drive and was going to try build a
server and website on the drive using XAMPP, Nvu, and one of the too
numerous CMS packages (Drupal, Joomla, etc)."

I recently tried out Nvu and found it very easy to learn compared to say, Amaya.

There were two disappointments, which may be due to my own inexperience.

Firstly, NVu does not work with XML schemas, though it does with DTDs.
Secondly, I was unable to get it to generate a CSS along with the
HTML, XHTML output .This resulted in all attributes hard coded.

I am sure there are ways to get around these limitations.

The help documentation is very good.

Ashok