RE: Acrobat: Adding E-Mail Hyperlinks

Subject: RE: Acrobat: Adding E-Mail Hyperlinks
From: "Jayaseelan Pannirselvam" <jayaseelan -dot- pannirselvam -at- ite -dot- com -dot- au>
To: <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 17 Oct 2006 22:34:47 +1000

Jim Pinkham asked:

> Is there an easy way to add an e-mail hyperlink to an already
> created PDF document?

Yes, there is.

(Caveat: The procedure that follows works like a dream in Acrobat 5. Not
sure if the procedure is the same in Acrobat 6 and if it'd work as
flawlessly as it did for me in Acrobat 5.)

In the interest of not reinventing the wheel, I've extracted below the
relevant procedure from Acrobat 5's Help.

1 Select the link tool, and create a link rectangle.
2 Select Visible Rectangle or Invisible Rectangle as the type.
If you select Visible, set the appearance for the link rectangle.
3 Choose an option for highlighting the link when it is selected.
4 Choose World Wide Web Link as the action type, and click Edit URL.
5 In the Edit URL text box, type in "mailto:"; followed by the desired
email address.
6 Click OK to accept the e-mail address, and then click Set Link.
7 Click OK on the Edit URL dialog box, and click OK on the Link
Properties dialog box.
8 Check the e-mail link by clicking the link with the hand tool.
The hand tool changes to a pointing finger with a small w when it is
over the link.

Hope this helps.

Cheers!
Jayaseelan