RE: Re: What to do about a recommendation?

Subject: RE: Re: What to do about a recommendation?
From: "Poshedly, Ken" <PoshedlyK -at- polysius -dot- com>
To: <dgreen -at- associatedbrands -dot- com>, <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 25 Oct 2006 11:09:43 -0400

AMEN!!!! (See Dori Green's follow-up below Gene's comment.)

Assuming the unknown contractor who is the subject of this l-o-n-g
thread has a list of previous clients - why would the agency even place
this writer?

Either:

1. (Doubtful) NONE of the previous clients let on to the agency that he
is a problem-child.
OR
2. (More likely) This particular job was just a bad fit at this
particular time.

You know, one has to wonder if he was always so argumentative or if
there were some outside problems that resulted in some nasty mood
swings. For instance, anybody here been through a divorce? That'll hit
you for a loop.

And NO amount of preaching that we should not bring our troubles to work
with us means a hill of beans because we are ALL human (well, most of us
anyway). We can try to keep our feelings bottled up, but it'll come out
another way - possibly like the tech writer at the center of this
discussion.

We are NOT cogs on a wheel or machine parts stamped out on a production
line or computers which operate strictly as programmed.

Again, ALL of this is conjecture because with the exception of the
client, none of us was present during the tenure of the writer.

-- Kenpo