Re: documentation processes and management in your organizations?

Subject: Re: documentation processes and management in your organizations?
From: "Gene Kim-Eng" <techwr -at- genek -dot- com>
To: "peri jstar" <jstar99 -at- gmail -dot- com>, <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Sat, 28 Oct 2006 11:44:06 -0700

Start by documenting the steps you follow to do your part of the job.
Break these down into small sub-processes. Then you can address
how the sub-processes fit into the existing milestones with their
owners. You will realize a fairly early benefit in that you will be
able to use the information to explain why it takes what it takes to
get the sub-processes done and what happens in the document
process (which is probably now one of those "then a miracle
occurs" lightning bolts on their schedules). If the overall product
development process is dysfunctional this won't cure it for you,
but if people are genuinely interested in getting a handle on what it
takes to get things done in their organization, it will be a good start.

Gene Kim-Eng

----- Original Message ----- From: "peri jstar" <jstar99 -at- gmail -dot- com>