Re: Negotiating

Subject: Re: Negotiating
From: Al Geist <al -dot- geist -at- geistassociates -dot- com>
To: Fred Ridder <docudoc -at- hotmail -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 01 Nov 2006 09:31:34 -0500

Fred Ridder wrote:

85%??? Unbelievable! I want to live where you do and be in
your tax bracket!! I get to control only about 71% of my gross,
and that's before my 401k and employee stock purchase plan
deductions. Some 17% goes to federal witholding right off the
bat, then another 6% for Social Security, 1.5% to Medicare,
and 4% to state withholding.

I used to live in Alaska (20 years). No income tax 'cause we had all the
oil and it paid for everything (schools, services, infrastructure, etc.).
Moved back to America (as we used to to call the Lower 48 states) about four
years ago and I'm still trying to get used to taxes on everything. I don't
like paying taxes, but with the national deficit growing by leaps and
humongous bounds, rest assured that they (taxes) will be rising rather than
falling (regardless of what any politician or political says).
Al

--

Al Geist
Technical Writing, Online Help, Marketing Collateral, Web Design, Award

Cell: 802-578-3964
E-mail: [1]al -dot- geist -at- geistassociates -dot- com

See also:
cards for all occasions)
"When they call the roll in the Senate, the Senators do not know whether to
answer "Present" or "Not guilty.""
Theodore Roosevelt