Finding a contract proposal writer on (way) short notice

Subject: Finding a contract proposal writer on (way) short notice
From: "Susan Hogarth" <hogarth -at- gmail -dot- com>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
Date: Wed, 1 Nov 2006 17:14:20 -0500

If this crosses the border of advertising, my apologies. I don't
-think- it's innappropriate... but it's not my list :-/

Anyway, my boss has finally formally recognized that I'm a bit out of
my depth in proposal writing (thank goodness!) and wants to bring in a
short-tem consultant to help us organize a proposal (two proprosals
actually). At this point, I am looking at the RFPs and outlining our
approach, and we have 2.5 weeks for one, and 3.5 weeks for the other
(second is due one week after the first one).

The proposals are in the science field, but are mostly for support
services (meetings, publications, etc.). There is some statistical
stuff, but he writes that. They are to government agencies. We are an
8(a) firm; at least one proposal is an 8(a) set-aside.

So basically we need someone who can read the RFPs, do some writing
and reviewing of our work, and offer really experienced help on
getting government contracts. Oh, and did I mention we need this
miracle-worker tomorrow morning and at a really good rate? ;-) Yes, I
have that kind of boss - but who doesn't?!

So... my question is... how do you find someone like that on such short notice?

--
Susan Hogarth
http://www.colliething.com