RE: Laptop specifications

Subject: RE: Laptop specifications
From: "egalite" <egalite -at- westnet -dot- com -dot- au>
To: <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 7 Nov 2006 20:03:21 +0800

Here's a quick review of my most recent laptop purchase.

About 2 months ago I purchased a Dell Inspiron 6400 with 1GB RAM, 1.83 GHz
processor, dual core, and 256MB ATI graphics card for just under $1800AUD
(you can do the conversion, but basically this is cheap around here for
those specs).

I run my laptop pretty hard outside of work (graphics-related hobby wherein
laptops have been known to melt) and so far (touch wood!), it's been
fantastic, couldn't be happier. I'd recommend considering a Dell.

Although admittedly the Toshiba Qosmio was way sexier, would have gotten
that if I could have afforded it, but I don't know how it would have
performed.

Cheers,
Trish :)

: From: "Ubax Ahmed" <ubaxha -at- gmail -dot- com>
: I am shopping around for a laptop. Other than the normal
: personal usage, I
: would like to do some freelance web development work. Can I
: get suggestions
: as to what I should look for when shopping for a laptop. i.e brand
: comparisons how they stack up against one another. RAM etc