Re: Evaluating Candidates Using Tests, Logic Questions, and Similar

Subject: Re: Evaluating Candidates Using Tests, Logic Questions, and Similar
From: "Julia Countryman" <julia -dot- countryman -at- gmail -dot- com>
To: "Sharon Burton" <sharon -at- anthrobytes -dot- com>, <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 16 Nov 2006 15:07:00 -0800

I can see your point, and reading body language is important, but I don't
think I'd disqualify them on body language alone, unless it was something
full of attitude like a big sigh and lots of eye rolling. I guess the part
that bothered me is the implication of the lack of trust in a person's
portfolio and references for their ability to write. I'd much rather be
asked what my thought process is rather than through a test--interviews are
stressful enough as it is.

I find it interesting that writers want to edit the test--you might want to
rethink the test into a format that targets what you want them to do? It
might save you and your interviewees a lot of time.

Julia