LCD monitors

Subject: LCD monitors
From: Kat Nagel <kat -dot- lists -at- gmail -dot- com>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
Date: Sat, 18 Nov 2006 18:00:19 -0500

If this has been discussed recently, I apologize. I've been AWOL for a couple of months. I did a quick subject scan of the archives, and didn't come up with anything recent. Feel free to point me to a particular thread in the archives, if the topic was discussed under some other, not-obviously-relevant subject header.

I'm going to do it. Finally. I'm giving up my beloved 21" hi-rez (at the time) monitor because:
(a) the image is beginning to go wobbly at the edges
(b) occasionally there are loud clicks and then the colors go weird
(c) it's just too danged BIG now that it has to share the desk with my laptop, laser printer, fax, two external hard drives, external floppy/zip drives, scanner, Epson R1800 photo printer, phone, and a cat (whichever one lost the race for the top of the CRT).

Unfortunately, there are hundreds of them to choose from them. I took a look at a few review sites, but they seem to concentrate on the reallyreally expensive models that are out of my price range. My budget may stretch to cover a 19" or 20" LCD monitor, but not the 23"+ models that ZDNet, CNET, and MacWorld seem to concentrate on.

Any suggestions? Horror stories, about either models or vendors?

--
K@
Kat Nagel, MasterWork Consulting

585.820.4045
katnagel -at- masterworkconsulting -dot- com

.