RE: Evaluating Candidates Using Tests, Logic Questions, and Simil ar

Subject: RE: Evaluating Candidates Using Tests, Logic Questions, and Simil ar
From: mlist -at- safenet-inc -dot- com
To: derke -at- accountview -dot- com, techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2006 16:24:19 -0500

Derk Ederveen [mailto:derke -at- accountview -dot- com]

> At our company, we ask candidates to write an instruction for the
> process of making coffee. They can do this at home, in two or three
> days:
>
> "Describe clearly and concisely the procedure to make a pot of coffee,
> for someone with a normal level of intelligence, who for
> whatever reason
> never made coffee before. Imagine someone finding a coffee making
> machine in a holiday cottage, who has to make coffee for the
> first time
> using the instruction you have written, which lies next to
> the machine.
> You are completely free in how you create this instruction. The reader
> has the coffee machine, coffee filters, a pack of coffee, a measuring
> spoon, scissors and a water tap. If you want you can explain your
> choices in an accompanying letter or e-mail."

I'd have to buy a coffee machine.

I haven't made coffee in twenty?... thirty?... years.

I think I recall something about " and one for the pot". Hmmm.

:-)

Kevin (who drinks green tea, but prefers hot chocolate... or any kinda
chocolate, really)