SOP management software recommendations?

Subject: SOP management software recommendations?
From: "Brian Asbury" <basbury -at- globalfas -dot- com>
To: <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 22 Nov 2006 15:59:24 -0600

Hi,
For those of you out there that deal mostly with policies and standard operating procedures, does anyone have any good recommendations for SOP management software?
I have spent the last year writing procedures for a company and now I have been directed to look at a new way of managing them (it's currently done very low tech).
I've done the standard google searching and come up with quite a few candidates and I'm currently looking into opensource also, but would love to hear from someone that is actually using one the products out there (positive or negative).
If it matters, a few considerations I have been using to narrow the list down:
1. Reasonable price (but I know that is very subjective)
2. Different levels of users (power user, author, viewer etc.)
3. Uses Word as native editor, output to PDF.
4. Import feature for existing documents.

I will summarize any responses that I receive.

Thanks and have a great Thanksgiving!

Brian

Brian Asbury
Technical Writer, Operations Dept.