RE: Temp/permanent annotations?

Subject: RE: Temp/permanent annotations?
From: "Andrew Warren" <awarren -at- synaptics -dot- com>
To: <mlist -at- safenet-inc -dot- com>, <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 24 Nov 2006 14:42:17 -0800

mlist -at- safenet-inc -dot- com wrote:

> I can get distracted by stuff that I find and feel the need to tweak,
> sometimes recursively, across many pages/topics, at the expense of
> the things I initially went in to update/change. So, I've been known
> to make two changes on a page and overlook the other two identical
> items that should have been similarly changed, because I got
> distracted by some other ugliness I'd perpetrated, or a broken link,
> or... well...

Here's some ancient wisdom on the subject:

"Doc, it hurts when I do this."
"So don't do that."

If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Let sleeping dogs lie.

Life's too short.

> What I want is to be able to slap on a yellow sticky or equivalent
> whenever I happen upon something that I should get back to, then
> continue with what I was _supposed_ to be doing until that's
> finished. .... Is there an app that will do this for any/many/most
> windows applications?

If you can't break yourself of the compulsion to tweak obsessively,
why not just print the document and slap REAL post-it notes on it?

-Andrew