RE: Compliance Documents for Daylight Savings

Subject: RE: Compliance Documents for Daylight Savings
From: "Dori Green" <dgreen -at- associatedbrands -dot- com>
To: <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2006 08:46:23 -0500

Susan Hogarth wrote:

I have been asked to write a compliance document for the upcoming daylight
savings time changes...

********

Compliance to what standard or requirements?

What upcoming daylight savings time changes?? ??

Omigosh, I am _never_ going to get the GMT to Eastern conversions straight
now -- I think I will just cancel the idea of adding moon phase data to my
farm calendar. It's handy to know the time of rise and set when scheduling
night-time nature hikes six months in advance so that experts can be lined
up, but it's almost always presented in GMT because astronomers like to be
cryptic and difficult.

What would the infamous "They" (as opposed to the unwashed masses of "they")
do if everybody just ignored DST?

Dori Green
Technical Writer, QMS Project
Associated Brands, Inc.