Re: Re-Quick Start Guide

Subject: Re: Re-Quick Start Guide
From: Al Geist <al -dot- geist -at- geistassociates -dot- com>
To: TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2006 11:22:13 -0500

Damien Braniff wrote:

- the name may be irritating but if it's the right
price and does the job then I can live with it.

You got that right. I don't care what name they use or how much they twist the language...when I purchase something (service or otherwise), I am looking for the best price for the best product. If you can get better cable service from a provider other than Qwest...go for it, but it would be a foolish business decision to make the move only because you don't like their name. As for documentation, you have to separate the marketing aspect (the product name) from the content. One is used by marketing and sales to try to make it different from the plethora of products inundating the market. The other is used by the customer who remembered the marketing name and bought the product because the specs and other documentation convinced them that it met their needs and was a good value.

Al

--

Al Geist
Technical Writing, Online Help, Marketing Collateral, Web Design, Award Winning Videos, Professional Photography

Cell: 802-578-3964
E-mail: al -dot- geist -at- geistassociates -dot- com <mailto:al -dot- geist -at- geistassociates -dot- com>

See also:

"When they call the roll in the Senate, the Senators do not know whether to answer "Present" or "Not guilty.""
Theodore Roosevelt