RE: Work group / workgroup

Subject: RE: Work group / workgroup
From: "Lev Abramov" <lev -dot- abramov -at- gmail -dot- com>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
Date: Sat, 2 Dec 2006 11:56:11 +0200

Dori Green claims that...

Quickest of searches at dictionary.com:

work is a word.
group is a word.
workgroup is not a word.

Dori, I don't know what YOUR copy of dictionary.com is smoking - but I have
a habit of rechecking such claims.

I don't mean you have some vested interest in spreading deliberate
disinformation about the word "workgroup" (I am not even sure you wear a
vest!) - it just didn't ring right to me, and here's what dictionary.com came
up with in my case (the right [key]stroke, see?!)

=======================================
1 result for: workgroup
View results from: Dictionary

workgroup: Computer Supported Cooperative Work

Source: The Free On-line Dictionary of Computing, (c) 1993-2005 Denis Howe

I must say I'm thoroughly enjoying this list (been lurking for the past
month or so), and this is my first posting, so - my apologies in advance if
I've broken a convention or two.

Cheers -

Lev