RE: What's in +your+ car? Was: Re: Map documentation

Subject: RE: What's in +your+ car? Was: Re: Map documentation
From: "James Barrow" <vrfour -at- verizon -dot- net>
To: <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 07 Dec 2006 12:38:52 -0800

>>>I for one would be glad to buy a kit that contained the thermal blanket,
>>>flares, batteries, emergency rations, etc. Just like car insurance, you
>>>gotta pay for it, you may never need to use it, but if you do.....

Emergency rations? LOL! A roadside emergency in Los Angeles is when
Starbucks closes in 5 minutes and you're stuck at a red light that's taking
four minutes.

>>I have made my own 72-hour kit, and keep it in the trunk of my car. It
>>contains enough food to satisfy me for three days -- none of which needs
>>to be cooked. In a dire emergency, I could make the food last for a week
>>or more.

Careful with what you write. I think you meant to say 'contains enough food
to keep me alive'. If I carried around enough food to satisfy me for three
days, I'd have a U-Haul trailer hitched to my car containing most of the
entrees served at Spagos.

>My car currently contains first-aid kit, water bottle, cereal bars,
>sleeping bag, duvet, foam mat, three-man tent, and a latex sword.

Um...you're driving an apartment on wheels.

My car contains a pair of sunglasses and a GPS system. Don't need anything
else. Accidents in Los Angeles require a helicopter, not a first-aid kit.
And although I'm willing to try driving in a sleeping bag while eating a
cereal bar, I think the CHP frowns on this. HTH.

- Jim