re: Interviewing Strategies

Subject: re: Interviewing Strategies
From: Liz_Vela -at- bcbstx -dot- com
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
Date: Fri, 8 Dec 2006 13:57:09 -0600

I agree with this line of thinking. A recruiter once gave me two good
pieces of advice about interviewing, and they worked for me in my last
three jobs. The advice was to ask the interviewer if there are any concerns
about what I've said, and, at the end of the interview to say that I want
the job.

I use that advice when I want the job. I ask for the job by saying "I
really like what I've heard and I want you to know that I'd like to have
the job." Before that, I'll say "Is there anything in our discussion here
that you are concerned about?" In my last four interviews (over a span of
ten years) the interviewer had a concern and I was able to allay it by
clarifying something I'd said or by providing further information. In every
case but one, I was offered the job.

Liz

<I agree with Maggie. Having been on both sides of the desk, I like to
<see enthusiasm from a candidate. Given two candidates with equal
<qualifications, and if one of them said something like "This sounds like
<a great opportunity that's right down my alley!" I'd be more inclined
<to offer the position to them.

<My 2¢,

<John Garison

Maggie_Secara -at- capgroup -dot- com wrote:
> I'd certainly never use those words either. But it can't hurt to make it
> clear that you DO want this job. I tried it this last time, and you know,
> think it made a difference.

Easily create HTML or Microsoft Word content and convert to any popular
Help file format or printed documentation. Learn more at
http://www.DocToHelp.com/TechwrlList

---
You are currently subscribed to TECHWR-L as Liz_Vela -at- bcbstx -dot- com -dot-

or visit
http://lists.techwr-l.com/mailman/options/techwr-l/liz_vela%40bcbstx.com

The information contained in this communication is confidential, private, proprietary, or otherwise privileged and is intended only for the use of the addressee. Unauthorized use, disclosure, distribution or copying is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. If you have received this communication in error, please notify the sender immediately at (312)653-6000 in Illinois; (800)835-8699 in New Mexico; (918)560-3500 in Oklahoma; or (972)766-6900 in Texas.