Re: Writing Test

Subject: Re: Writing Test
From: "Pro TechWriter" <pro -dot- techwriter -at- gmail -dot- com>
To: "Brad Whittington" <brad -dot- techwriter -at- gmail -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 14 Dec 2006 12:38:42 -0500

I though of bio-med hardware too, immediately :-)

Would the interviewee mind posting what type of documentation position he
was applying for? After thinking about this, I realized (duh) that knowing
the position would provide most of the context needed.

For a kidney dialysis machine, the mimimum documentation set is:
- Setup Guide
- Quick Reference Operation Card
- User Guide
- Troubleshooting and Maintenance Card (with contacts)

On 12/14/06, Brad Whittington <brad -dot- techwriter -at- gmail -dot- com> wrote:

My first thought was, "Documenting what?" A set of documents for
bio-med hardware would differ greatly from a set of documents for a
groupware application. Then I thought of the word count restriction.

I guess it's not good form to question the usefulness of a project in
a job interview, but if a client (or boss) gave me such an assignment,
I would definitely want to have a discussion about it.

-----
Brad Whittington
brad -dot- techwriter -at- gmail -dot- com

> From: "James Barrow" <vrfour -at- verizon -dot- net>
>
> It's a good thing we recently discussed writing tests as part of an
> interview, because I had one today. I don't want to tell you what my
> concerns were about this test because I don't want to influence you. So
> take a look at what I was given and let me know what you would have
said.
> I'll tell you how I answered in my next post. Here's the test:
>
> "In one paragraph (100 words or less) describe what should be included
in a
> good documentation package, and explain why it would be good."

printed documentation. Features include single source authoring, team
authoring,

You are currently subscribed to TECHWR-L as pro -dot- techwriter -at- gmail -dot- com -dot-
or visit
http://lists.techwr-l.com/mailman/options/techwr-l/pro.techwriter%40gmail.com

PT
pro -dot- techwriter -at- gmail -dot- com
I'm a Technical Technical Writer!