RE: ForeHelp application?

Subject: RE: ForeHelp application?
From: "Paul Hanson" <phanson -at- Quintrex -dot- com>
To: <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 19 Dec 2006 07:27:37 -0600

Hi Nancy,

Are you working with a WinHelp or a CHM (HTML) project? If you are
looking at a WinHelp project, do you have the .cnt file in the same
directory as the .hlp file? I don't know what you specifically mean when
you wrote "TOC does not appear correctly" but if you mean that the TOC
doesn't display and you are looking at WinHelp, make sure the .cnt file
is in the same directory. If it is in the same directory, make a backup
of the .cnt file, just to be save. Then open the .cnt file in Notepad.
At the end of each line, you should have a "@helpfile.hlp" at the end of
the line. For example:

:Base CMICMAINT.hlp>Main
:Title My Help File
1 My Help File
2 My Help File=CMICMAINT -at- CMICMAINT -dot- hlp

I have never worked with ForeHelp so I do not have a copy of the app.

Paul Hanson
Technical Writer
RoboHelp ACE -
http://www.macromedia.com/support/forums/team_macromedia/robohelp.html