Re: Oxymorons (Was: American English)

Subject: Re: Oxymorons (Was: American English)
From: arroxaneullman -at- aol -dot- com
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
Date: Thu, 21 Dec 2006 10:34:46 -0500

Jonathan West asked, 'Does anyobdy else have a favorite oxymoron? I rather like "military music"
to go with "military intelligence". "Devout atheist" also springs to mind.'

My uncle has been called a "dedicated slacker."

Other terms I've heard include "witless humor," "concerned politician," and "family time."

Then there's the mental image that accompanies the phrase "home office."

And it's Friday for me! I'm heading out to spend the weekend with Grandma in New Mexico (barring any blizzards).

Happy Holidays!

:)
Arroxane