Re: Word: changing paragraph styles

Subject: Re: Word: changing paragraph styles
From: Al Geist <al -dot- geist -at- geistassociates -dot- com>
To: TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 28 Dec 2006 12:02:21 -0500

Susan Hogarth wrote:

So I am changing a series of paragraphs from 'normal' to 'body' style.
They all have some degree of italics in them. When I change most of
them, the italics are preserved. But when I change some, the italics
are NOT rpeserved. The italics are never the last words int he
paragraphs.

What's going on?

And I call myself a writer....

Surely, you aren't asking for consistency in Word? You might look at whether some former writer modified the styles for those individual words beyond (should have been "manually."). I had problems once when I took over a project in which at least five writers were previously involved. One of them created a different style for italics, bold text, bold italic text, and anything else that wasn't standard body text. It was a mess and took a lot of extra work to sort things out.

Good luck.

Al

--

Al Geist
Technical Writing, Online Help, Marketing Collateral, Web Design, Award

Cell: 802-578-3964
E-mail: al -dot- geist -at- geistassociates -dot- com <mailto:al -dot- geist -at- geistassociates -dot- com>

See also:
for home for office, and note cards for all occasions)

"When they call the roll in the Senate, the Senators do not know whether
to answer "Present" or "Not guilty.""
Theodore Roosevelt