Re: Readability Question

Subject: Re: Readability Question
From: "Nathan Howard" <nathan -dot- howard -at- workcoverqld -dot- com -dot- au>
To: <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>, <David -dot- Dubin -at- sage -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 05 Jan 2007 09:12:16 +1000

Hi David,

In the light of what other people have said, perhaps you could use the
simple fog index formula (I think Word will even do it for you...). That
would give you a sanity check, while not making the thing overly
complicated.

my $0.02

Cheers,
Nathan

>>> "Dubin, David" <David -dot- Dubin -at- sage -dot- com> 5/01/07 6:50:41 >>>

Colleagues,
Here is a question that I'm sure has been asked in the past. We
develop
technical training for human resource management system software and
payroll software and have a very diverse audience. One of the
"standards" that we are in the process of discussing across our
business
units is that of readability levels. So, to be brief, would you please
share with me the readability levels you target for specific
audiences
and/or cite other sources that may have that information? We would
greatly appreciate your insights.

Regards,

David B. Dubin
Senior Curriculum Developer
Sage Software
727-579-1111 x 3356
david -dot- dubin -at- sage -dot- com
Your business in mind.

format plus PDF, HTML and more. Flexible, precise, and efficient
content

Create HTML or Microsoft Word content and convert to Help file formats
or
printed documentation. Features include single source authoring, team
authoring,
Web-based technology, and PDF output.
http://www.DocToHelp.com/TechwrlList

---
You are currently subscribed to TECHWR-L as
nathan -dot- howard -at- workcoverqld -dot- com -dot- au -dot-

or visit
http://lists.techwr-l.com/mailman/options/techwr-l/nathan.howard%40workcoverqld.com.au

Messages included in this e-mail and any of its attachments are those
of the author unless specifically stated to represent WorkCover Queensland. The contents of this message are to be used for the intended purpose only and are to be kept confidential at all times.
This message may contain privileged information directed only to the intended addressee/s. Accidental receipt of this information should be deleted promptly and the sender notified.
This e-mail has been scanned by Sophos for known viruses.
However, no warranty nor liability is implied in this respect.