RE: MS Word Question -- about templates

Subject: RE: MS Word Question -- about templates
From: "Karen Murri" <kmurri -at- comcast -dot- net>
To: "'CapDev Communications'" <capdev -dot- communications -at- gmail -dot- com>, <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 8 Jan 2007 16:30:14 -0600

In Tools/Options, go to the Edit tab. Select "Prompt to update style" and
deselect "Keep track of formatting". That'll get rid of every style in your
list that is just Normal with manual formatting. It doesn't help if they
actually applied styles.

Also, in Insert/Autotext/Autotext, deselect almost everything in the
AutoFormat and AutoFormat as You Type tabs, especially those that
automatically apply formatting. Those are the options that Word uses to try
(unsuccessfully) to read your mind. They cause more problems than they
solve.

With all of that done, you can see what styles are actually styles and not
just Word making up styles for manual formatting.

Hope this helps.
-Karen