RE: Seybold column: Why Tables for Layout Is Stupid

Subject: RE: Seybold column: Why Tables for Layout Is Stupid
From: "Gordon McLean" <Gordon -dot- McLean -at- GrahamTechnology -dot- com>
To: <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 9 Jan 2007 15:39:04 -0000

See also:
www.cssdrive.com
http://www.unmatchedstyle.com/

And many MANY more.

There is a huge community surrounding the CSS for layout methodology, hell all the websites I've created in the past three or so years have been created that way (www.onemandesigns.com for some examples).

In skilled hands CSS can be far more powerful than tables for dynamic layout, and far FAR easier to maintain for simple layouts. There are plenty of websites that offer CSS Layout templates, your Google-fu will aid you in that quest I'm sure.

Gordon McLean
----
My opinions are my own.