RE: Your To-Do List

Subject: RE: Your To-Do List
From: "Martinek, Carla" <CMartinek -at- zebra -dot- com>
To: <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 10 Jan 2007 13:59:44 -0600

FIRST SUGGESTION:

Because I have to use M$ here at work, I ended up using the Tasks in
Outlook 2003 after trying several other solutions. It seems to work the
best for me, and my completed task list for last year had 383 separate
items in it. (I'm the team editor, but also have many other
responsibilities.)

Set Task info with:
-Due Date
-Status
-Priority (Low, Normal, High)
-% Complete

Set a Reminder for the tasks and they will keep showing up first thing
in the morning when you open Outlook.

You can export out all of the data for your tasks to a spreadsheet,
where you can sort by start date or any other field, so that provides a
pretty comprehensive record of what you were working on at what time. I
think you could probably add custom fields if you wanted to, as well.

SECOND SUGGESTION:
If you have Palm handheld, you can use DateBk to enhance your calendar
on that platform. It integrates your tasks right into your calendar so
you see them on calendar opening. DateBk is available at
http://www.pimlicosoftware.com/. This application puts your Palm
calendar, contacts, and task manager on steroids.

Regards,
Carla
cmartinek|zebra|com

- CONFIDENTIAL-
This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential, and may also be legally privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, you may not review, use, copy, or distribute this message. If you receive this email in error, please notify the sender immediately by reply email and then delete this email.