RE: Ethics of posting samples?

Subject: RE: Ethics of posting samples?
From: "tech.writer" <tech -dot- writer -at- insightbb -dot- com>
To: "'Nancy Allison'" <maker -at- verizon -dot- net>, <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 30 Jan 2007 11:31:25 -0600

I have links to PDFs on my Website. For some files, I only kept a few pages
out of many that represent the document. I also assigned password security
to the files so that people cannot extract or copy information from them.

I only posted documents that I received written permission from the clients.
Many times the client may not let me post, or even show their documents in a
face-to-face meetings. I would not edit out product names or company names
because a competitor will know it already and may glean information for
their company's use. This is why you must get permission to use the doc as a
sample.

Tim Lewis
Lewis Communications
Tech -dot- writer -at- insightbb -dot- com
www.lewiscomms.com