Re: Re: Techie's List

Subject: Re: Re: Techie's List
From: Jim Barrow <vrfour -at- verizon -dot- net>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
Date: Tue, 30 Jan 2007 15:03:07 -0600 (CST)

Anonymous posting?

From: Kevin Amery <kevindamery -at- gmail -dot- com>
Date: 2007/01/30 Tue AM 11:29:33 CST
Cc: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
Subject: Re: Techie's List

Also, no one has mentioned that, even without the legal ramifications,
attaching your name to a negative review of an employer can bite you
back in a number of ways.

- Recruiters and employers sometimes talk to one another. If someone
finds you've reviewed them poorly, they'll probably be quite happy to
tell their side of the story given a chance...

- Anyone Googling your name when they're considering hiring you would
likely come across the reviews. While it is possible they'd think,
"oh, I'll be a much better boss than that," it's just as likely
they'll think, "hmm, this person complains alot... sounds like
trouble."
--
Until next time...

Kevin Amery

On 1/30/07, Dave Kerschbaum <dave -at- smackdabdesign -dot- com> wrote:
> I don't know if a site like that exists now or not, but I would love to see
> something like that. I have tried previously to research local recruitment
> agencies and had more trouble finding information than I thought I would.
>
> On 1/30/07, James Barrow <vrfour -at- verizon -dot- net> wrote:
> >

> > A place where a tech writer - maybe IT consultants in general - could go
> > view feedback and opinions regarding recruitment agencies.
>

> <snip>
>

> > Does a site like this exist now?
> >
> > - Jim

> Create HTML or Microsoft Word content and convert to Help file formats or
> printed documentation. Features include single source authoring, team authoring,
> Web-based technology, and PDF output. http://www.DocToHelp.com/TechwrlList
>
> Now shipping: Help & Manual 4 with RoboHelp(r) import! New editor,
> full Unicode support. Create help files, web-based help and PDF in up
> to 106 languages with Help & Manual: http://www.helpandmanual.com
>
> ---
> You are currently subscribed to TECHWR-L as kevindamery -at- gmail -dot- com -dot-

> or visit http://lists.techwr-l.com/mailman/options/techwr-l/kevindamery%40gmail.com

> http://www.techwr-l.com/techwhirl/ for more resources and info.

Now shipping: Help & Manual 4 with RoboHelp(r) import! New editor,
to 106 languages with Help & Manual: http://www.helpandmanual.com

---
You are currently subscribed to TECHWR-L as vrfour -at- verizon -dot- net -dot-

or visit http://lists.techwr-l.com/mailman/options/techwr-l/vrfour%40verizon.net