Re: new member

Subject: Re: new member
From: "Brasel, Russell" <russell -dot- brasel -at- hccredit -dot- com>
To: <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 31 Jan 2007 12:20:22 -0600

Shortly before I graduated with my MA in English, a friend gave me a Non Sequitur comic clipping. A recent graduate in robes stood on a street corner, holding a sign that read, "Will recite a killer dissertation on Chaucer for six figures and a company car." The caption read, "The REAL beginning of Barry's education."

My past seems to have led me to technical writing. I've had a computer of some form or fashion since 1983 (the first was an Atari 800 XL with a 5 ¼" floppy and a terrible color thermal printer), and during my long and meandering undergraduate path, I held many contract/temp positions that exposed me to different programs and platforms. (Hey, I'm only 34, but I remember AS400 with fondness. In fact, I was working with it not four years ago.) After my MA, I opted out of pursuing a PhD, and here I am.

Referring back to Susan's comment, if I ever hit the skids, you may see me on Dickson Street in Fayetteville with a sign reading, "Will stop screaming Chaucer's Troilus and Crysede in Middle English at the top of my lungs for spare change."

Russell Brasel
Technical Writer
Dent-A-Med, Inc. d/b/a The HELPCard
479-750-6700 ext 245
russell -dot- brasel -at- hccredit -dot- com