RE: Chopped Liver?

Subject: RE: Chopped Liver?
From: "Eason, David" <David -dot- Eason -at- lsi -dot- com>
To: <tom -dot- green -at- iwon -dot- com>, <BarbaraV -at- libertyims -dot- com>, <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 31 Jan 2007 09:38:27 -0700

Many factors can influence pay rates: 1099 or W2; benefits or no
benefits; telecommute or onsite; length of contract; straight contract
or contract-to-hire; who owns or provides the hardware and software; the
complexity of the task and tools (Word or Frame; online or hard copy
only); deadlines and deliverables.

I have worked on contracts at excellent client sites that have provided
not only up-to-date hardware and software and excellent working
conditions, but paid advanced skills training.

I have also worked at client sites where I had to supply the hardware
and software and my own phone, and where there were two writers in a
cubie. And I have worked on both 2-month contracts and open-ended,
long-term contracts.

When I determine an acceptable rate, I factor in all those variables,
and the prevailing rates in the geographical area.

Of course, sometimes desperation--the length of time between contracts
and no income--can be a factor!

David Eason