Re: Translation Services

Subject: Re: Translation Services
From: Tim Piazza <tpiazza -at- kellercrescent -dot- com>
To: <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 09 Feb 2007 09:54:34 -0600

Hi, this is my first post to this list. I manage a group of writers and
designers who write product literature and I want to get a better idea of
the issues and trends in the technical writing field outside of my own
bubble. Everything I've read over the last several days has been highly
informative and I'm devouring it.

We use FrameMaker in a Documentum environment at present, but I'm looking at
other solutions as well, and possibly a migration to XML, though I don't see
a solution yet that is "turn-key" and scaled to the small number (less than
1,000 per year) of documents we crank out.

I haven't seen anyone respond to Kim's request for a Translation service
that one might recommend, so I'll offer one. Dussault Translations in
Toronto, Ontario has done excellent work for us over the past 10 years.
Their turn-around, quality, responsibility and price has always been great,
and we've benchmarked them against other services who could offer more
technology, but not nearly the same level of personal service. If you want
to contact them, call 416-227-0304 and ask for Christiane Li.

Tim Piazza
Technology Director
Keller Crescent Company
Evansville, Indiana