Rant continued from previous page (was Re: Another Word guru question)

Subject: Rant continued from previous page (was Re: Another Word guru question)
From: "Mike Starr" <mike -at- writestarr -dot- com>
To: <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Sat, 10 Feb 2007 13:07:57 -0600

<rant>
Every time this sort of thing comes up I read through the messages with slack-jawed wonder... are our readers such dolts that they've never encountered a two-page table? Why on earth do we need to add "Continued..." to the top of each additional page? Do we think they're not going to turn the page and that the table having the same headings on both pages is not going to clue them in to the concept that there was too much stuff to fit on one page? And if our readers are such clueless bowbs are they really the target audience we want/need to serve?

Yes, no doubt FrameMaker (and several other tools) will do this sort of thing but no matter what tool I'm using I'm not going to bother. And no, I'm not picking on Nancy in particular but on the misguided portion of the technical writing community that seems to think this sort of thing is worth spending time trying to accomplish.
</rant>

Mike
--
Mike Starr WriteStarr Information Services
Technical Writer - Online Help Developer - Website developer