RE: Color-bar behind text in browsers

Subject: RE: Color-bar behind text in browsers
From: "Gordon McLean" <Gordon -dot- McLean -at- GrahamTechnology -dot- com>
To: <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 15 Feb 2007 07:34:19 -0000

Variety of reasons that might cause this, and all of them point to the fact
the CSS was coded to make things look good in IE5/6. From immediate memory
IE5 has issue with collapsing margins (it would ignore any margin settings
between DIVs).. But not sure that is your problem here..

Basically the image has been positioned to make it work in IE5/6 - so I'd
start by removing any MARGIN or PADDING that is applied to the element in
question, and get it working in Firefox or IE7. Then start applying
workarounds (google "css IE hacks") to get it to work in IE5/6.

More proof that coding to try and meet the standards, rather than the
browser, is always more beneficial in the long run.

HTH

Gordon