RE: When you hear the Axe in the dark...

Subject: RE: When you hear the Axe in the dark...
From: "Shirley Kondek" <brandycat_k -at- msn -dot- com>
To: jposada01 -at- yahoo -dot- com, techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
Date: Thu, 15 Feb 2007 15:39:10 -0800

I've heard you can also get UI when you quit a job to "follow" a spouse who was transferred -- when the states have reciprocal agreements. I spent years moving around between cities and states while my (now ex) husband transferred to new jobs or offices within the same large company. At each relocation, I went back to work. Sometimes it was a 6-month stay. Sometimes a year. Sometimes several years. The sad part, tho, is that I only learned about the UI availability after our last transfer/relocation. I never got to use the benefit...

Shirley

From: John Posada <jposada01 -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: Lauren <lt34 -at- csus -dot- edu>, "'Combs, Richard'" <richard -dot- combs -at- Polycom -dot- com>,techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
Date: Thu, 15 Feb 2007 15:23:21 -0800 (PST)

> that she was not qualified for her new position. All she
> said in the interview was that her employer did not give her
> training, so she was denied benefits. I think that she would
> have got benefits if she made it clear that she was not
> qualified for the position and that her old position was
> not available.

Lauren...I don't think it would. All they would see was that she quit
after being given a promotion.

Now, what WOULD work are things like an enforced shift change that
interferes with family, a company relocation that became too far to
commute, etc.

I've also seen instances in borderline cases where they granted UI,
but included a 2 or 3 week delay above the normal period of time.

John Posada
Senior Technical Writer

"I think the problem, to be quite honest with you, is that you've never actually known what the question is."

You are currently subscribed to TECHWR-L as brandycat_k -at- msn -dot- com -dot-
or visit http://lists.techwr-l.com/mailman/options/techwr-l/brandycat_k%40msn.com