RE: Writing test Fridays

Subject: RE: Writing test Fridays
From: "Brierley, Sean" <Sean -dot- Brierley -at- ipc -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 16 Feb 2007 16:10:59 -0500

Hi,

But I thought I said, "So being aware there might be a problem ending a
sentence with a preposition is a good thing." I didn't think I said it
was correct or incorrect, just that awareness that an issue exists is a
good and positive thing.

However, to address Mr. Churchill's quote, "That is the type of arrant
pedantry up with which I shall not put," didn't PM Churchill get it
wrong? Isn't "put up with" a phrasal verb, and isn't the phrase "up
with" and adverbial participle and actually not a preposition?

For discussion, anyway.

Cheers,

Sean
Who also teaches at a 4-year uni.