More help from Microsoft

Subject: More help from Microsoft
From: "Rick Bishop" <rickbishop -at- austin -dot- rr -dot- com>
To: <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 16 Feb 2007 20:31:19 -0600

Has anyone else hit MS 2003 Word, Outlook, Excel, etc application help
today?
When it accesses the web to get an answer - you get the following IF you
have scripting disabled in your browser:

>>One Moment Please...
To help optimize how your Web pages are displayed, we are checking to see if
a Microsoft Office 2007 program is installed.
If this page does not automatically redirect, you have scripts disabled.
See more information on scripts.
Follow this link if the page is not redirected.<<

The funny part is that if you hit the 'more information' link, you get:
>>Warning: This site requires the use of scripts, which your browser does
not currently allow.<<

The other link produces:

>>You have arrived at this page because you selected an item that is
available only if you have a 2007 Microsoft Office suite or other 2007
Microsoft Office System program installed.
To read and work with premium content provided specifically for the 2007
Beta release - including all training courses and some templates, clip art,
and more - you need to upgrade to a new 2007 Microsoft Office System
product.<<

I'm certain I have no 2007 office components installed. I suppose that if
you don't enable scripting so it can install an Active X control that checks
to find out if '07 is installed, then you can't get any support for your '03
product. Typical MS incongruity...allow scripting or give up support.
Rick