RE: Pet Peeves

Subject: RE: Pet Peeves
From: John Posada <jposada01 -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: dgreen -at- associatedbrands -dot- com, techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2007 06:37:00 -0700 (PDT)

> Many people seem to have missed the point that I was invited to
> list my pet
> peeves; my pet peeves include the use of sexist and racist language
> by

And you seem to have missed our point.

We reject your request, and frankly, I find it offensive that a
professional writer takes the position that all it takes is one
person to take offense for whatever reason, to hijak words or phrases
that best carries a particular harmless meaning.

I wouldn't have come up with that meaning of dog and pony show if I'd
been given all the time in the world, but now makes makes that
meaning intrude where it didn't previously.

BTW...as you said, it is YOUR pet peeve. What that means is that it
is your issue, not ours.

> people who have hung out their shingles as knowing better. I

I haven't hung anything out...I write software documentation.

John Posada
Senior Technical Writer

"They say everyone needs goals. Mine is to live forever.
So far, so good."