Re: Rant: Giving up on XML

Subject: Re: Rant: Giving up on XML
From: Diane Brennan <dalaine00 -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: Steve Read <steve -at- readonly -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2007 20:54:37 -0700 (PDT)

I just went back to the XMetal site because I was curious about whether it prints out XML documents, and it has a new version (at least, I've never heard of it before), called XMetaL for EMC Documentum. Yup, it can print out a version to Documentum for old-timie print manuals (it has the Documentum client), as well as printing out to PDF, online help, CD-ROM, and Web pages. It also creates an interactive review version of the doc that can be edited online by reviewers.

9/2006 Press release:

XMetaL Author 5.0 improves content quality, value and accuracy for the enterprise by providing a flexible and easily customized interface that enables content authors to create valid XML content that can be shared across the enterprise, automatically published, and efficiently translated. The ability to effectively focus on content instead of format also improves staff efficiency to speed the time-to-market of information materials. XMetaL -- used standalone or integrated with any of several leading content management and publishing systems -- can be used by any writer or reviewer, even without XML knowledge.

If anyone on the list is using this version of XMetaL, could you please provide a review?