Re: Rant: Giving up on XML

Subject: Re: Rant: Giving up on XML
From: "Edgar D' Souza" <edgar -dot- b -dot- dsouza -at- gmail -dot- com>
To: "eric -dot- dunn -at- ca -dot- transport -dot- bombardier -dot- com" <eric -dot- dunn -at- ca -dot- transport -dot- bombardier -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2007 13:00:48 +0530

Pardon the late reply :(

> What tool chain?

As you pointed out in your impassioned comment on our lack of
understanding - the front end doesn't matter, it's the structure you
impart to the content you're storing in those DocBook XML files that
matters... and that is solely what is responsible for conveying the
required "callout" information to a tool-chain (ANY toolchain - it
shouldn't matter).
Whether the toolchain/output format is capable of correctly rendering
it is a different and arguable issue, let's not broach that.

> What effect similar to Word/Frame?
Link in a screenshot or other image, use Drawing tools to put in a
callout or an arrow and textbox label to identify an area on the
image.

> How are your illustrations produced?
PrintScreen >> GIMP >> Save as PNG

Regards,
Ed.

On 3/15/07, eric -dot- dunn -at- ca -dot- transport -dot- bombardier -dot- com :