Re: Giving up on XML

Subject: Re: Giving up on XML
From: "Paul Pehrson" <paulpehrson -at- gmail -dot- com>
To: "Gene Kim-Eng" <techwr -at- genek -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2007 11:27:27 -0600

On 3/19/07, Gene Kim-Eng <techwr -at- genek -dot- com> wrote:

> I don't know where you might have gotten the idea that I wanted to
> "create my own XML markup language."

It was more of a generic "you" than a specific "you".

My point was simply that there are XML tools out there that allow you to
author in XML with all the benefits of XML authoring, while not requiring
the user to spend days/weeks/months creating the structures that allow it to
work.

And I didn't really follow the first part of your response; however, I can
easily open my Flare project in an external editor, add custom JavaScript or
whatever, and then still edit my topics in Flare. Is that what you mean?

Best wishes,

-Paul Pehrson
Midvale, UT