Re: Query: Integrating RoboHelp WebHelp in PHP-MySQL environment

Subject: Re: Query: Integrating RoboHelp WebHelp in PHP-MySQL environment
From: "Edgar D' Souza" <edgar -dot- b -dot- dsouza -at- gmail -dot- com>
To: "Poornima Padmanabhan" <nimapaddy -at- gmail -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2007 10:31:07 +0530

Poornima:
a) I've only done WebHelp in RH X5. Not even seen 6.
b) Integrating WebHelp into a browser-based app (a.k.a. web app) is
usually independent of the scripting language used on the server. That
could be ASP, ASP.NET, PHP (as in your case), Ruby or whatever.

Your help links (with calls to RH_ShowHelp() as explained in the
article linked to below) will mostly be part of the static HTML part
of the page, not the part which is dynamically generated by the PHP
code. Hence, your developers will need to edit their HTML template
files (if they're using that method) or the PHP files themselves (if
doing inline HTML and PHP code) to include the [SCRIPT] reference to
RoboHelp_CSH.js once in each page, and multiple Javascript calls to
RH_ShowHelp in HREFs for all your help links.

John Daigle's article at
http://www.adobe.com/devnet/robohelp/articles/context_help.html should
clear your doubts completely. He has step-by-step instructions for
practically everything except writing the help content :-)

HTH
Ed.

--
The trouble with young writers is that they are all in their sixties.
-- Somerset Maugham