Re: What would you do?

Subject: Re: What would you do?
From: "Kathleen MacDowell" <kathleen -at- writefortheuser -dot- com>
To: "Janice Gelb" <janice -dot- gelb -at- sun -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2007 19:52:17 -0500

Kevin,

Have they thought about another type of format for their documentation, such
as AuthorIT? AIT should be able to perform all the tasks you listed that
they expect from XML, except maintaining XML modules. It does maintain
information modules, and will output to printable user guides, online help,
etc.

>From the little I've heard about XML and the conversion process, one needs
to have a very structured approach, and it isn't to be undertaken
lightly. Further, it really isn't the best solution for all situations
(although it might be a good one for your company).

My .02.

Good luck!

Kathleen