RE: Online vs. print documentation: help with a college essay

Subject: RE: Online vs. print documentation: help with a college essay
From: "Ahles, Wesley Christopher" <wesley -dot- ahles -at- mnsu -dot- edu>
To: "Ahles, Wesley Christopher" <wesley -dot- ahles -at- mnsu -dot- edu>, <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2007 15:08:38 -0500

Apparantly the attachment didn't go through. Here it is, just copied and pasted.

Questionnaire: Online vs. print documentation

Wes Ahles (wesley -dot- ahles -at- mnsu -dot- edu)

Please try to answer the following questions to the best of your ability. When you're done, please e-mail the file back to my e-mail address. If you have any questions, feel free to contact me. Thank you for your time in filling this out.

Name:

E-Mail:

Job Description:

History with tech comm.:

How often do you use print documentation?

How often do you use online/electronic documentation?

Which type of documentation do you prefer? Why?

Can you give some examples of particular online/electronic documentation that you've found useful?

Can you give any examples of changes you've seen made in online documentation over the years?

How do you find access to online documentation? Do you use a search engine, go through a company website, etc?