Re: Getting Black Balled by a Doc Manager & Filing for Unemployment -Need Advice

Subject: Re: Getting Black Balled by a Doc Manager & Filing for Unemployment -Need Advice
From: "Gene Kim-Eng" <techwr -at- genek -dot- com>
To: "Kevin McLauchlan" <kmclauchlan -at- safenet-inc -dot- com>, <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2007 15:25:42 -0700

I expect it would depend on the circumstances.

Possibly off-topic anecdote:

In 1955 my parents bought their first home. The
neighborhood was all-white. We weren't. The
only neighbor who rang our doorbell with the
traditional "welcome to the neighborhood" cake
in hand was this very nice woman whose only
previous contact with people like us was at a
restaurant or laundry. This woman and her family
were pretty much our only friends in the neighborhood
for many years, but in all the time we knew them, my
mother never once pointed out to her that saying you
were going to get takeout dinner or pick up your wash
from the (racial epithet deleted) was not a good thing
to say. She would have been mortified, and had already
demonstrated her character to us through action. I think
someone else eventually told her, because after a while
we didn't hear the word anymore from her or her family,
but the correction never once came from any of us.

Gene Kim-Eng