Re: Questions About Arbortext.

Subject: Re: Questions About Arbortext.
From: quills -at- airmail -dot- net
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2007 22:37:20 -0500

At 7:15 AM +1000 3/29/07, Janice Gelb wrote:
>richard -dot- melanson -at- us -dot- tel -dot- com wrote:
>> Hello TechWR-L,
>> I am on my second day at a new employer and they use Arbortext
>>Editor (Epic) and SiberSafe Client for all of their documentation
>>creation. I am pretty much a Framemaker writer, also having used
>>Word and PageMaker on some projects. Can I get anyones/everyones
>>opinions on these products, what are your experiences like, should
>>I try and convince them to go to Framemaker, should I run away
>>screaming :-) Any input you can give me on these products is
>>greatly appreciated. Thank you.
>>

>We use Epic and although there is a learning
>curve involved, it is a very powerful tool
>that has worked well for us. However, we do
>have a person on our team who helps support
>it on site so it's not entirely maintenance
>free. It produces purer SGML/XML than FrameMaker.
>
>-- Janice

And don't forget to tell them what the output is and the ease of use
or need of a special technician to produce useable output in the
media of your choice, besides SGML or XML (text).

Scott

Now shipping: Help & Manual 4 with RoboHelp(r) import! New editor,
to 106 languages with Help & Manual: http://www.helpandmanual.com