Re: "Standard" browsers; was: RE: Standard WinHelp vs. WinHelp 2000

Subject: Re: "Standard" browsers; was: RE: Standard WinHelp vs. WinHelp 2000
From: "Char James-Tanny" <charjtf -at- gmail -dot- com>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
Date: Mon, 2 Apr 2007 11:50:07 -0400

> > Not current HTML and CSS, sorry. Older standards are
> > fine, but that relates to the historical split I
> > mentioned.
>
> Really? I'm not writing web code on a day by day basis, but so far I
> haven't run into W3C compliant code that breaks IE. It's not Firefox
> specific, last I checked. You may have to be careful which features
> you use and how (and test of course to make sure everything works) but
> W3C code is hardly the kiss of death for IE users.

None of my sites are having problems, and I would have sworn that I'm
using the latest standards...maybe I'm not implementing troublesome
tags? (There are still some holdover issues that IE7 didn't quite
resolve correctly, but they're still easily fixed...maybe that's what
we're talking about?)

Char James-Tanny ~ JTF Associates, Inc. ~ http://www.helpstuff.com
Please send follow-up questions to the list. (Inquires sent off-list
may not be seen.)
Contact me directly (CharJT at helpstuff dot com) with business inquiries.
2006-2007 Microsoft Help MVP
Find a Help Authoring Tool at HAT-Matrix.com ~ http://hat-matrix.com
Co-author of "Managing Virtual Teams" ~ http://www.wordware.com/wiki
AuthorIT Certified Consultant, Development, and Training
STC Secretary, 2006-2008
Web site Hosting and Design ~ http://www.jtfhosting.com