Re: Business Requirements

Subject: Re: Business Requirements
From: HBacheler -at- aol -dot- com
To: jposada01 -at- yahoo -dot- com, hokumhome -at- freehomepage -dot- com
Date: Sat, 7 Apr 2007 15:05:58 EDT

John, et al

I agree, those that leave themselves out, probably have some insight into
their own environment that we can all enjoy hearing about.

The IEEE has some exceptionally well put together information about project
management that answers a lot of the questions that we all have relative to
requirements, specification, and testing..

I was responsible for researching their information in developing the
Project Planning documentation we had to put together for the DEA when we worked on
their SW-CMM assessment/appraisal.

Additional Information

Since software is embedded in hardware I think it is important that
technical writers in both sphere need to have as much knowledge as they can get.
even if it is just and overview/summary, and a resource base.

The Software Capability Maturity Model (SW-CMM) has evolved into the
Capability Maturity Model - Integrated (CMMI) That model 'joined the Software,
Hardware, People, and related Capability Maturity Models into a cohesive way of
doing business and documenting it.

The effort is maintained by the Software Engineer Institute at Carnegie
Mellon University in Pittsburgh, PA. It is under contract to the US Government
to provide these efforts.

Interested people can go to << http: // www dot sei dot cmm dot com >> and
get a lot of information.

Harry